Presented by Joan Klagsbrun at the 28th Cape Cod Summer Seminars.
Monday, July 24, 2017
- Benefits of integrating Focusing into your work; neuro-scientific basis of Focusing; experiencing the three core skills of Focusing
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Clearing a Space – the first step of Focusing; case example with individuals and groups;
- Focusing Practice
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Focusing-based facilitative language; enhancing emotional regulation and working with the inner critic
Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Ways to bring Focusing into psychotherapy; working with patients with illness, anxiety and depression.
Friday, July 28, 2017
- Focusing for self-care and supervision; the value of Focusing on positive experiences with patients
Joan Klagsbrun, PhD is an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Lesley University. She is a Certifying Coordinator for the International Focusing Institute and has taught Focusing to therapists and health care professionals internationally for over three decades. Dr. Klagsbrun is widely published in the area of Focusing, she is the recipient of The Alice Ladas Research Award from the US Association for Body Psychotherapy for her research on Focusing with women with breast cancer.
For more information go to: